Build people-powered and participatory campaigns using design methodologies
During this workshop, which will take place July 18th at the San Francisco Nonprofit Tech Centre, we will examine how to design stronger campaigns that get supporters involved early and engaged in longer-term social change efforts. We will sharpen tactics through a stakeholder mapping and power analysis exercise and refine further by applying Human Centered Design (HCD) methodologies to integrate supporters more deeply. HCD can be characterised as a multi-stage problem solving process. It is repeatable, powerful and fun.
You’ll learn more about:
- Developing tactics that will contribute towards achieving long-term social change goals
- Human Centered Design and how it can be apllied to social change work.
- The power of prototyping and testing elements of campaigns.
Why you should come:
- This is a participatory workshop, you will get hands on experience designing and testing your campaign.
- You’ll get a chance to build solidarity with other participants and learn from their work and perspectives.
- It’s only 50 USD! There are HCD workshops (not for social change) that go upwards of a thousand dollars AND LUNCH IS INCLUDED.
- Tuesday, July 18th 10am to 5pm.
- SF Nonprofit Tech Centre, 2973 16th Street, Suite 300 – San Francisco, CA 94103
- Tickets are $50.00 – or request a Scholarship/Discount.