Join the Network-Centric Resources discussion by subscribing to our email list.
Schedule a free one-hour consultation to discuss your Network-Centric Resource by sending an email to info (at) fabriders.net.
Resources are assets that are drawn on by an individual or groups in order to function more effectively. Network-centric resources are people-powered and participatory resources that aim to maximise usage and engagement. They are developed through sharing ownership, enabling contribution and supporting collaboration.
We take inspiration from existing and established resources like Wikipedia and The Tor Project. We are learning from FabRiders' own work with MozFest, School of Data and the International Federation of the Red Cross. We are grateful for the learnings shared within this network by resource developers and include EFF's Security Education Companion, The Engine Room's Responsible Data Forum and Amnesty International's Decoders Project.
Our Online Discussion Series
Since we began the Network-Centric Resources project in the beginning of 2017, we have been struck by the ingenuity and wisdom of resource developers in how they are approaching co-creation with networks and communities. We have also heard from many resource developers that while a guide would be helpful, it would be even more helpful to have opportunities to compare notes with other resource developers. The online discussion series has been established to provide a platform to share lessons learned and talk through tough challenges.
Our next Online Discussion "Managing User Feedback" takes place on Sept. 17th.
Past Online Discussions
- Gunner on Facilitative Leadership, Online Discussion Notes
- Mor Rubinstein, on co-creating a governance structure for Open Heroines. Online Discussion Notes
- Greg Bloom, Open Referral, on co-creating data standards.
- Sarah Allen, MozFest Director, on how to collaborate with 2,000 participants. Online Discussion Notes.
- Co-Creating IFRC’s Data Playbook, Online Discussion Notes
- Enabling Collaborative Content Creation with Adam Hyde, Online Discussion Notes
- Crowdsourcing Human Rights Research with Amnesty’s Decoder Project, Online Discussion Notes
- Redesigning for the Responsible Data Community, Online Discussion Notes
- Designing EFF’s Security Education Companion, Online Discussion Notes
More from FabRiders on Network-Centric Resources
- What we’ve learned implementing a Data Champions initiative
- A Draft Module on Listening and Learning for Event Design
- Our Next Data Literacy Consortium User Group Meeting
- What We’re Learning From Building A Data Champions Network
- We’re Convening a Data Literacy Consortium
- The Lifecycle of a Network-Centric Resource
- Network-Centric Resources LifeCycles Draft
- Network-Centric Resources: August Update
- We’re developing a network-centric resource on how to develop network-centric resources
- What are we building: communities or networks?
- Hacking user centred design for social change efforts.
- Responsible Resource Creator Manifesto (Draft 2)