We had a hangout on Data Tactics for a Post-Fact World
We’re collaborating with Lucy Chambers from Tech to Human on a new workshop that will help you be assured evidence used in your social change campaign engages rather than alienates. We had a hangout on Tuesday, May 2nd at Noon UK
We asked participants to respond to the following questions that you need to know the answers to, in order to build effective data tactics.
- What is the question your data needs to answer?
- Who will you be trying to convince with your answer?
- Where will you get your data from?
- What will people need to do with the data?
- How will you deliver your data?
- How will you make sure that people understand and trust the data?
We also shared the data pipeline, which you can read more about here: http://www.fabriders.net/data-pipeline/
Lucy shared some examples:
Dirk shared an example:
You can view the full recording here:
We also talked about the workshop that is happening on Friday, May 19th in London
- This is a participatory workshop, You will get hands on experience developing data tactics to support your social change work.
- You’ll also get a chance to build solidarity with other participants and learn from their work and their perspectives on yours.
- We’re in a great location: Better Bankside, London.
- It’s only 125 GBP!
- PLUS YOU GET TO SPEND TIME WITH US – WE’D LOVE TO SEE YOU!